• Half of a 14oz. package GimmeLean fake meat (the kind in a cylinder at Wholefoods)
• 3/4 cup finely chopped onions
• 5 pieces of bread crumbed (we save the ends of bread)
• 3 celery stalks finely chopped
• 1/3 cup finely chopped parsley
• 1/2 tsp. thyme
• 1/2 tsp. salt
• 1/4 tsp. black pepper
• 3 tbsp applesauce
• 1 tbsp vegetable oil
• 1 tbsp all-purpose white flour (we use bob’s red mill gluten-free allpurpose)
• 1/3 cup ketchup (optional)
Mix all ingredients (except ketchup) together in a big bowl with your hands until they just come together.
Put in a lightly oiled loaf pan. Put the ketchup on top of the loaf. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 45 minutes.
We like to put it into a dino loaf pan we found at bed bath and beyond (target also carries it at a slightly higher price.) Dinos are satisfying because you can growl before biting their heads off.
Another variation is to make into individual meatballs (omit the ketchup.) I like to put the meatballs in a muffin tray so they don’t roll off and bake easily, but my husband thinks a bake sheet is just fine.
And yet another variation is subbing veggie chorizo to make super spicy dinos that make you cry.
It really pays to slice up the onions very finely; big onion chunks change the texture in a strange way.